Below are a listing of some websites (in no particular order) that I have found useful. I have no financial relationships with these sites and don’t get any “kick-back” if you click on them. I have simply found them useful in my “travels”.
Please feel free to submit others that you have found helpful in the past and I’ll check them out and update accordingly:
Breweries and brewpubs in Columbia, SC:
- Conquest Brewing Company: Opened in Jan 2013, the first production brewery in Columbia since prohibition.
- River Rat Brewery: River Rat Brewery is named for the three rivers that run through our city, and the working-class men who labored on the canal here more than a century ago.
- Swamp Cabbage Brewing Company is Columbia’s third and largest microbrewery.
- Hunter-Gatherer brewery and alehouse: Offering up traditional English-style ales since 1995. Their beers are only available on premesis (or growlers to go).
- Beeradvocate: BeerAdvocate (BA) is a global, grassroots network, powered by an independent community of beer enthusiasts and industry professionals who are dedicated to supporting and promoting beer
- Ratebeer: Resource for beer ratings, brewery releases/events and general beer references.
- Article on South Carolina beer laws re: brewpubs. From the blog Beer of SC.
- Drink, Blog, Repeat: Pint-sized news on South Carolina beer and the Palmetto State’s beer scene
- Beer of SC: Beer News, Education, Events, & Activism. All things beer-related in South Carolina.
- More Beer: Homebrewing equipment, knowledge and resources.